Published on September 15th, 2017 | by admin0
General Plumbing Questions That Everyone Should Ask
When it comes to hiring a professional, you want to make sure that they’re the right one for the job. This means being able to find out more about them and what it is that they do. With a general plumber, it is always best to ask questions ahead of time. You want to know all of the details before you jump right in and hire them for the job. Know who you’re hiring.
Here are some general questions to get you started when you need to hire a plumber for the work you’re doing. Make sure to add in any others that you can think of to make sure that you know whether or not this is the right plumbing professional for you.
- Are you licensed and insured? – Knowing this allows you to choose who to work with based off of who is and who isn’t.
- Do you have references that I could contact? – Always contact references that they give you to double check to make sure they’re actual numbers.
- What is the cost of the project I need to have done? – Know the cost ahead of time so you don’t have surprises later on in the project.
- Do you work hourly or by flat rate? – This is always a good bit of information to know, once again so you’re not surprised by the price.
- When do you expect payment? – Never work with a plumber that expects payment completely up front.
- What if something breaks during the work? – Know what they cover when something happens and if they will cover it.
- What kind of team do you work with? – Knowing the team members and who will be in your house gives you more confidence knowing you can let them in to do the work. It always makes everyone more comfortable.
- Is the mess cleaned up? – Do they clean up after themselves? All good companies will do so.
- What is your normal response time? – You cannot be waiting for days to have a company respond to you when you need to have work done.
- Do you offer a 24 hour emergency service line? – Having an emergency plumber on hand can mean that when something happens in the middle of the night or even on a holiday, you will know someone will be there to fix the problem.
- Do you have specialties’? – Some plumbers specialize in one type of plumbing over another. This is why it is important to find out what they specifically specialize in.
- Do you charge more for travel time? – You don’t want to spend too much on the work and if they’re coming a decent ways away, some might charge for the travel time. Find out if the one you’re trying to work with does.
Speak with a qualified plumbing company today to find out how you’re able to get the work done, but also trust in the company, as well. Everyone should work with a qualified plumber for the work in their home. Contact them today to find out more.