Published on March 15th, 2017 | by admin0
What is Hydroponics?
We live in a world where so many people are so used to growing plants and produce in soil, that they simply believe that there’s no alternative growing method available, never mind better methods of growing available! However there is, and that is hydroponics! Hydroponics is put short; a method of growing that does not require soil, and yes it is perfectly possible for plants and produce to grow without soil. In fact, plants often grow much better when soil is taken away. A lot of the vegetables that can be found in our shops and supermarkets, in particular our tomatoes are grown hydroponically and today we are going to provide people with a brief outline of what hydroponics entails, urging all to take up the growing method…
The process in which is takes plants to grow is called photosynthesis. They use sunlight and a chemical found inside their leaves (chlorophyll) to convert carbon dioxide and water into glucose and oxygen. See, there is not one mention of soil here – which means that it is purely pointless. What they do however need in order to grow is water and nutrients which plants can get in hydroponic systems through placing their roots in nutrient-rich, water-based solutions. It doesn’t stop there either; hydroponics comes with multiple advantages…
Advantages of hydroponic growi
- When growing hydroponically people are able to be in complete control of the nutrients that their plants take in, meaning that they are able to ensure that they have the perfect, recommended amount for ultimate growth.
- Hydroponic growing can take place inside, meaning that people that do not have gardens or any outdoor space are able to participate.
- Hydroponic growing can allow for people to save water. This is because when growing traditionally lots of water is lost in the soil, whereas when growing hydroponically the only water that gets lost is through evaporation or occasional nutrient solution change.
- When growing hydroponically people are able to create the perfect growing conditions allowing for plants and produce to grow greater than ever before.
- As extensive root systems are no longer required, plants can be places much closer together allowing almost twice as much produce to be grown in the same sized space.
- Hydroponic growing does not rely on outdoor seasons and weather conditions meaning that hydroponically the majority of plants can be grown all year round, 365 days per year.
- Hydroponic gardening is a relaxing and enjoyable hobby which can be enjoyed by people of all ages, with many families choosing to get their children started early, encouraging them to grow and eat veggies while having fun.
- When growing using hydroponics people have constant access to fresh and nutritional produces that hasn’t been shipped across the world.
What’s stopping you?
Are you considering growing hydroponically? If you are we would advise you to take the plunge and get started today, we are certain that it isn’t a decision that you’re likely to forget. Make sure you look around when looking for a hydroponic shop to purchase your hydroponic equipment from though, choosing a supplier that someone can recommend where possible or alternatively one with great reviews and testimonials.