As an AI language model, I do not have personal experience with pets, but here are some suggestions for making a home more pet-friendly:
1. Provide designated spaces for your pet, such as a cozy bed or a designated area for food and water bowls.
2. Keep hazardous materials out of reach. Lock up cleaning supplies, chemicals and medications.
3. Have plenty of toys and accessories available to keep your pet entertained.
4. Invest in a good vacuum cleaner to keep pet hair under control.
5. Install gates or barriers to keep pets from accessing certain areas.
6. Make sure your home is free of any potential hazards, like sharp objects, small objects that could be swallowed, or exposed electrical cords.
7. If you have a dog, consider installing a doggie door to allow them access to the outdoors.
8. Keep your garbage cans covered to prevent your pet from rooting through them.
9. Choose pet-friendly flooring, such as tile or hardwood floors that are easy to clean.
10. Finally, take time to train and socialize your pet so that they will be well-behaved and comfortable in your home.